What is a Virtual CISO?
With continued cyber threats and an increase in compliance needs, many businesses are looking to recruit a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to develop, implement and take senior level executive responsibility for the organisations information security programme. The role includes the management of procedures and policies to protect the business from both internal and external threats.
The CISO is responsible for predicting emerging threats and monitoring any security flaws and risks within the infrastructure. However, given that security budgets are often stretched, this is an expensive role to account for. Do you actually need a full time CISO in your business or could another option be to engage an outsourced virtual CISO (vCISO) service?
Can a Virtual CISO help my business?
It’s not just about whether you have the budget for this role; it’s about the business requirement for the role. As with an in-house CISO, a Virtual CISO will bring together your strategic and operational functions. Along with executing the security measures, the Virtual CISO will also implement a structure and process to ensure that the organisation and all employees comply with the policies and procedures as well as make sure that all employees remain current in their awareness of the threats to the business.
Due to the nature of their work and skill set, our experienced Virtual CISO’s can often deliver more quickly and efficiently than a full-time employee as they are focused on clear KPIs and not juggling tasks with day to day work. They provide an independent role, so can manage projects such as breach and incident response and forensics if needed. They require little/no supervision and provide a service which allows the rest of the business to continue to function with minimal disruption, but greater assurance that the business is protected.
The Virtual CISO role is scaled to your needs and you will have both on-site and remote access to your security expert. You also have full flexibility with the Virtual CISO’s length of contract. Our services range from a few hours per month to an interim full-time role.
This service will help your business to:
- Increasing the cybers security maturity of your organisation through a cost-effective service.
- Gain a resource that can articulate security and technical issues in a clear and actionable manner to non-technical senior management.
- Access an established network of reliable and trusted contacts.
- Enable your internal team to function on day-to-day operational needs.
- Gain the best ideas from multiple environments and industry experience.
Why 2|SEC Consulting?
- We tailor our service to the exact needs of your business.
- We have both business advisory and technical assurance teams which work with our CISO’s.
- Our CISO’s are specialist professionals who are skilled and experienced in taking on the technical and business challenges to reduce exposure to cyber risks.
- Our CISO’s have previously help leadership and CISO roles and have a wealth of experience.
- Our CISO’s work with the in-house IT team to transfer knowledge and build expertise in the team.
Would you like to speak to one of our Consultants about managing cyber security risks?
Contact us if you would like to understand further about improving your organisation’s cyber readiness.
“2|SEC Consulting is a cyber security consultancy that supports you throughout an engagement. They are always available, extremely knowledgeable in their field and have been a great extension to our in-house security team.”Principal Engineer